Thursday 14 August 2008

UK’s motor vanity fair (5) [Bâlciul deşertăciunilor cu motor din UK]

As long as this is basically a photographic series, I don’t have much to say in this episode other than offering examples of car brands that the Brits don’t seem to like… or they surely don’t love them as much as the Romanians (or other Europeans) do. I'm assuming this because I could very rarely see them in the UK cities that I have been to.

I’m always completely aware that my opinions may be irrelevant, but as long as no one contradicts what I’m saying, I feel completely free to express them. Therefore, the cars that I thought were much rarer on British roads than in other parts of Europe would be:
+ probably all French brands (Renault, Peugeot, Citroën)
+ most Italian cars (apart from Alfa Romeo, which deserved the full previous episode)
+ Smart (maybe because the Brits have their lovely Mini Cooper/One, a car which is far better looking than a Smart, but not too much bigger)
+ Porsche Cayenne (while Romania seems to be full of this brand!)
.
Ultimately, I also added a picture of a Lexus, another car which is rarely seen everywhere in the world, I guess. Not that there wouldn’t be enough rich people among the British motorists, but this is surely the only Lexus that I’ve ever seen thoughout my journeys in the UK.

[For all the episodes of this series, and all the posts on this blog go to/Pentru toate episoadele din această serie şi toate postările de pe acest blog mergi la: Contents/Cuprins]

No comments: